Version 2010.0 (December 2009)
- Name change to "Dutch Duck IE History Viewer", to distinghuish
from new program "Dutch Duck Firefox History Viewer".
- New feature: export favorites in bookmarks file format, which
can be read by other browsers.
- Bug fixes.
Version 5.1.0 (May 3rd, 2009)
- Preview pane in History and Cache viewer now works
- Code optimizations
- Many smaller bug fixes.
Version 5.0.16 (January 6th, 2009)
- In History Explorer, fixed problems reading history using
- In History Explorer, deleting sites now generates less
- In Favorites Explorer, export to text exported columns in wrong
Version 5.0.4 (October 24, 2008)
- Printing generated application error
- In Favorites Explorer, drop down filters opened preview.
Version 5.0.1 (August 2, 2008)
- Application is much more responsive--many time consuming
process now occur on separate thread.
- Deleting history items is much faster.
- Deleting history or cache occurs on a separate thread.
- Read history using shell. Often shows items, that do not show
up in regular history.
- Added option delete today.
- More skins.
Version 4.0.46 (October 4, 2007)
- Reading protected mode cookies made application hang on some
- In administrator mode, cookies were read twice
- Row loses focus after clicking on hyperlink
- Clicking in side bar on non-link causes exception.
- Cache shows size of cache (in MB).
Version 4 (June 2007):
Version 4 is a complete rewrite, in C# 2005. It looks much better,
and has many new features.It also has a new name--"Dutch Duck Cache
and History Reader."
- Compatible with Windows Vista. Reads History and cookies in
- Added a new program--Cache Explorer.
- New Office 2007 look--using the various components of Developer Express.
Version 3 (February 2006):
- New Office 2003 look--using ActiveBar 3.0.
- Added "select all" option
- Expanded context menus
- History Explorer:
- Added "Read History using shell" under the file menu.The
standard procedure to read Internet Explorer's History, while fast,
is very sensitive to any errors that might creep into the History
file. This often would result in a History display that contained
far fewer items than was shown in Internet Explorer itself. The
new, additional, method--while slower--shows the same items as
Internet Explorer itself.
- Option to delete entire History at once
- Favorites Explorer:
- New option: "Replace directory name". This adds abiity to
rename a whole group (such as Links/News) and all of its records to
a new name like (Links/Current).
- New option to delete a whole group. Press a groupheader and
- Cookies Explorer:
- Option to delete all cookies at once.
- History Explorer:
- File, print was not working
- Copy to Favorites Explorer gave error message
Version 2 (June 2004):
Note: the registration codes of version 1.x no longer work in
- Version 2.11 (June 30th, 2005). Repair option added to setup
- Version 2.0.8 (January 24th, 2004). Updated helpfile, changed
license agreement, minor bug fixes.
- Version 2.0.6 (August 3rd, 2004). Favorites were not backed up
- Version 2.0.5 (July 3, 2004). Release version. New version of
- Version 2.0.4 (June 30, 2004).
- Helpfile separated from program file. Should solve problem that
helpfile does not load when F1 is pressed.
- Pressing button with dropdown menu will drop down menu (no
longer necessary to push arrow).
- Fixed overflow error in grouping.
- Fixed width of column with row numbers
- Layout listbar fixed (blue bar at top has disappeared)
- View menu in Cookies Explorer fixed.
- Version 2.0.3 (June 27, 2004). Starting a new search will
automatically clear previous search.
- Version 2.0.2 (June 23, 2004). Fixed error in menu component at
- Version 2.0.1 (June 19, 2004). Fixed the width of the
- Version 2.0.0 (June 19, 2004). Pre-release version. Updated
helpfile; changed listbar.
Dutch Duck Utilities for Internet Explorer first came out in the
fall of 2001. Initially it consisted of two separate
programs--History Explorer and Favorites Explorer. They were later
merged into one program, and a new program, Cookies Explorer was
Over time, a lot of improvements were made. The program became
much faster (especially History Explorer), got more features and
also became smaller in size (the first version was 8 MB).
The components used in the program also changed over time.
Initially, it used Beegrid from Stinga; Beegrid was subsequently
bought by Datadynamics and became Sharpgrid. The Crystal Report
Viewer was replaced by the Active Report Viewer of Datadynamics;
the toolbar component from VbAccelerator was replaced by ActiveBar;
the Listbar component from Dinkit (who later went out of business
A big change was also made in the installation program.
Initially, the program consisted of a lot of separate files and
components, which needed to be registered on the user's computer,
but they were later replaced by just one file, which can even be
installed by users that do not have administrator's rights. This
file also includes the VB6 runtime files.